Hawaii 2010

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos and videos from Don in AZ. Make your own badge here.

Thursday, August 21, 2008

Today I am Nuke-u-ler!




I was told I would not be able to board a plane for a few days as I would set off their bomb detectors.

I had a nuclear stress test at my cardiologists office. You have to get a long picture of your heart taken after you are injected with radiation. Eighteen minutes for the first with you arms over your head, twelve for the second, but the highlight is the walking on the treadmill, with a heartrate goal your medication will not allow you to reach.

Each three minutes the speed and incline rise, You are OK after six if you are in shape and walk regulary, but those last four of five are heck. You end up with a report that shows how clogged your major arteries are, how it affects you under stress and enables the doctor to see trouble ahead and give advice.

No comments: