Hawaii 2010

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos and videos from Don in AZ. Make your own badge here.

Friday, August 22, 2008

Please don't take my Kodachrome away-y-yy-y!





My parents died over a decade ago, and I become the conservator of our family slide collection. From the late 50s onward we recorded our family vacations and special holidays with photos turned into slides.

Our Kodak slide projector broke, as did our interest in setting the thing up and getting the family together. So I have wondered what to do. This week I borrowed a Primefilm slide digitizer and have been going through a tray an evening, culling and trying to collect a representative sample. It has been fun, but of course the quality of many of the pictures and the durability has been less than spectacular. The Ektacromes went really blue or orange, and Mom's Kodak Instamatics over the years really took poor pictures. I will try to post a few when I figure out how these things transfer.

No comments: