Hawaii 2010

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos and videos from Don in AZ. Make your own badge here.

Friday, August 8, 2008

A Musical Plug for a true artist



Our generation is priviledged to have Sir James Galway as an interpreter of music for flute. I have The Essential Galway Double CD and Galway and Coulter playing Celtic Music and as I was walking today I was so completely transported by the beauty and power of his playing that it was like a religious experience. The flute sound is one of the most expressive and moving sounds I have ever heard, and Galway is a master.

1 comment:

Adrian said...

Sir James Galway said that every time he plays a piece he first dedicates it to God. I think you can find that in his autobiography. Perhaps offering his music as worship gives the spiritual flavour to his playing.