Hawaii 2010

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos and videos from Don in AZ. Make your own badge here.

Thursday, September 6, 2012

When hope sinks

A tiny prairie church rescued for later generations to remember that faith sustained people during those hard decades of westward expansion.

Every now and then I meet or hear about a string of people who are unhappy with their life situation. Bad health, accidents, money issues, you name it, and as I hear their stories I am struck with how stuck these people are, and no amount of wishful thinking can change the basic problems.

If I am able I share the dangers of bitterness, which most of them already have tasted and they know it only makes things worse, and I can only listen and pray for them, which they appreciate.

I also pray that if and when that day comes for me when the wagons circle closer as the winds of adversity hit that I can learn to be satisfied with less money, less freedom, less health.  I think about it, because no one has any guarantees.

No comments: