Hawaii 2010

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos and videos from Don in AZ. Make your own badge here.

Friday, July 2, 2010

Two Weeks of Delightful Days, without my laptop



So, We are back, I am in the office, I have a laptop. I was finally able to see the photos full size that the little Android took, and I am impressed with their quality.
I took 400 on the point and shoot Canon when we were in places not easy to lug the big Canon, and 1200 on the SLR. It was fun.

Counting a couple of hours in Honolulu, we actually were in four islands, Maui, Lanai, Kauai, and Oahu. Memories are many, some of the sweeping impressions are the sound of strong waves, the powerful winds, brooks and streams. Visual things I appreciated were things like, moss covered rocks, cane, trees and plants I have never seen before, and the never ending volcanic rock.

June is a big vacation month in Hawaii, economy or not, it was busy and crowed.

People on vacation are a pleasure to visit and chat with for the most part.

Food is too expensive and the quality of restaurants is all over the map.

The leeward sides of islands are dry as Arizona, ever dryer.

My wife is really a great vacation companion.

Costcos, Walmarts, and McDonalds are everywere.

Sand can burn your feet.

Birds are big beggars, and selfish when they get a morsel.

Vacationing with another couple is fun.

Six hours on a plane is a long time.

No comments: