Hawaii 2010

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos and videos from Don in AZ. Make your own badge here.

Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Birthday Pleasures







7:40 AM Teeing off at Cypress Lakes Golf Course, leaving wife and grandaughter to sleep at 6 AM. Some good shots were made with borrowed clubs, but it was mainly the outdoors, the fun of hanging with my Brother in Law and his golfing buddies.

A repeat of Pensacola Beach, although further down toward Ft. Pickens. The Shells were outstanding but both my ladies picked up more oil stains along the shore and some of the most outstanding were oil coated.

Thinking I would pass on taking the camera and protecting it from the white sand, I almost missed a very special experience as three sting rays joined us on the beach and played in an eddy for over an hour. I went back to get the camera and got some great memories.

A Birthday Cake and Ice Cream with a Hot Dog Dinner. Boy are we going cold turkey on overeating when we get home. Ten years ago I had a serious health challenge and asked for more time. Thank you Lord for the last ten great years of watching my family grow. May I renew for another ten? Lord?

1 comment:

Melissa said...

I pray that prayer too, Dad. :-) I can't believe that sting ray shot. That is great! I'm glad you had such a good birthday.