Hawaii 2010

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos and videos from Don in AZ. Make your own badge here.

Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Time for a Road Trip


I love driving out of town. My family always took driving vacations, in our 57 and 62Pontiac's, we saw most of the Northeast on our summer vacations. Washington DC, West Point, Niagara Falls, Gettysburg. We had our share of "are we there yets" and some nightmare motels in the days before standardization. Spiders and roach motels.

The Stark family has honored me by asking me to officiate at their daughter Danielle's wedding this Saturday. We met in Queen Creek and her kids were in our youth ministry, and Diane worked as my secretary for a period. They had some disappointments and had to move and we have stayed in touch.

So I plan to drive and stop for photo moments and enjoy the back roads between Phoenix and Las Cruces New Mexico. Laura can't go because she is back at work, so this will be a combination personal time and reunion time. I will update you with some desert and mountain pics along the way. My last fling before we shift to a more active schedule in August around Sun Lakes Community Church.

No comments: