Hawaii 2010

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos and videos from Don in AZ. Make your own badge here.

Thursday, January 23, 2014

Will the Circle Be Unbroken?

Not a King, but one who serves a King.

My first five years in Arizona were challenging. Two difficult church situations did me in with the denomination that brought me to the growing East Valley of Pheonix.

I left that group, and have served Independent Churchs for the last two decades. Sometimes being in the pastoral ministry is like survival of the fittest, and being able to overcome some difficult situations, or to get back up after a defeat is I am pretty certain what it is all about.

Anyhow, today, I am going to sit in their business meeting for a few hours, and hopefully shake hands and bless a few men who observed those painful years, and a few who contributed to them a bit, and just let the water flow under the bridge of forgivenss and blessed spiritual growth. I will tell you how this goes tomorrow.

I also want to find a young pastor who really studies, to give him some sets of books that were given to me when I was a young pastor. It just does not seem right to sell these treasures, since they came from a pastor's library after his death. I want them to be opened and read, as they provided tremendous knowledge from older and more deeply anchored generations that came before us.

No comments: