Hawaii 2010

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos and videos from Don in AZ. Make your own badge here.

Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Interfaith meetings

I just friended Johnny C recently, the guy of the left, one of the most naturally funny people I have ever met. These best men meant a lot to me during my college years.

I sat with an academic theologian a few days ago that described a meeting that produced the Cordova statement, which was inspired, she said, by a time in Spain where the three major faiths lived together in peace for a period of time.

Then I received an evangelical periodical which stated dogmatically that any Muslim talking about peace was being unfaithful to the Koran.

Its all confusing, because a Christian nation should be following the teaching of Christ about her enemies, should'nt we???? I just keep hearing the "them or us" showdown talk around me too much. I said I was not going there!!!!

No comments: