Hawaii 2010

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos and videos from Don in AZ. Make your own badge here.

Sunday, November 6, 2011

A meaningful memory


Ten years ago today I led worship in a brand new building that took years of planning and giving and some borrowing to complete. It was the fulfillment of some of what I came west to do in 1989. I wanted to help a church reach another level of growth and usefulness.
In 95 when I began serving there were two buildings and a picnic shelter, yesterday I passed by five buildings, including a doubling of the size of that original new sanctuary. The whole area has grown significantly and they have a Christian School now, something we could not have foreseen or prepared for back then.
It was a rich and challenging time, I was able to have a home large enough for raising teens and a nice pool in the backyard, and we grew from 50 to over 200. Now they have multiple services and over 1000 attending, and that is good.
I would stay one year and enjoy the new building when I would know it was time to leave. There were some struggles to find the right leaders and a church merger that would allow things to go forward.

No comments: