Hawaii 2010

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos and videos from Don in AZ. Make your own badge here.

Friday, November 25, 2011

4.7 degrees of separation??


Yesterday I had turkey with three owners of the company that provided the turkeys for the turkey pardoning ceremony at the White House. They donated the 30 turkeys that were chosen to be domesticated and people friendly by the Willmar 4H kids.

The man who placed the turkey on the table and the man who held the turkey and his wife and daughter were all related to our dinner party. So, I was for a brief moment connected to the White House through people I know....I think that's how the degrees of separation this goes??

It was a good day, I ate past fullness, but cannot hold as much as I used to. The dressing had raisins and other fruit in it, and the turkey was butter basted and delicious.

Back to the gym to work myself down the few pounds of feasting added to my storage units, IE, belly, and where ever.

I bought something at a Black Friday sale, the result of trying to take advantage of the information age in the most manageable manner given my needs, interests, callings, and habits. More on that later.

I am going to start enjoying seasonal music this weekend, another year whisking away into the past, and me, increasingly grateful to be enjoying it all so dearly.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Just back from enjoying The Muppet Movie with my 6 and 8 year old granddaughters and their Mother who was 2 years old when The Muppets and Sesame Street were introduced on PBS--a nostalgic afternoon….warm memories of child-rearing days……Eden