Hawaii 2010

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos and videos from Don in AZ. Make your own badge here.

Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Eat, Pray, Love


My resting vacation has allowed me to relax a bit more, and I have been watching a movie or two, including the free Starz channels we have been given for a time. I have watched the Julia Roberts movie based on the best selling novel which I have in my library but have not read, first the last half and just now the first.

I loved the story of a woman searching for spiritual healing, the joy and beauty of the three cultures she experiences in a year. I have no need to criticize her search in eastern religion, not because I agree with her thinking, but because we cannot criticize the meditation others are doing if our Christian practices are not equal or better.

The Apostle Paul in IICor. 6 is reflecting on the difficulties of his own journey as a Christian Missionary. The passage is astonishing and will be the basis for my reflections this Sunday. Read it meditatively when you get a moment.

I returned to the gym for a 20 minute walk yesterday, to share with a few gym friends what happened, not to elicit sympathy but to share a setback on my journey to spiritual and physical balance. All I have is this moment, yesterday is history, and tomorrow is a promissory note we cannot cash. I want to live and grow, to eat healthy, pray truly, love unfeignedly.....That's Paul's phrase....and I think it is astonishing.

2 comments:

Andrew said...

Glad you are on the mend!

Anonymous said...

we were watching the same movie on the same night.....interesting. Glad you are back on the path, brother.

Michale