Hawaii 2010

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos and videos from Don in AZ. Make your own badge here.

Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Weight Watchers Report


Today marks one month of using Weight Watchers for men online. The first two weeks I ate mainly from picture menus on the fast start menu. I saw them, cooked them, and did not know how many points I was consuming. This was fun and effective but it would have helped to know how those pictures and portions were pointed, because in the last two weeks I am wondering about portion size and points because I have a lot to learn about how the points create healthy meals, fill you up, and yet cause a steady loss of weight.

This on the backdrop of the inevitable slow down from the first two to the last two weeks. Am I slipping? How am I doing now that I am eating out more? This on the backdrop of a new medication I am taking that has caused a dramatic drop in my blood suger and is supposed to help me lose weight a bit faster. The doctors scale a week ago said I was down seven pounds. Eight a month should make me elated, but why not more??? This is the fractured thinking of an overeater on a diet.

On the scale tomorrow, and no matter what it says I am here for the duration as a lifestyle change, not a temporary diet, my motto is the literal translation of what my cardiologist said more politely last month. "LOSE WEIGHT OR DIE, SUCKER".

No comments: