Hawaii 2010

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos and videos from Don in AZ. Make your own badge here.

Wednesday, October 29, 2014

Stubborn Teacher

Camera on tripod, timer button triggers, 8 seconds to sit down and act natural....well, I tried. This from the late 70s.

I was sharing the other day about a pastor who, instead of publishing a creed or statement of beliefs just shared some movements, men and ideas who had influenced their fellowship. This somehow seems more gentle and less rigid, and yet is honest that no one teaches from a vacuum. We are all influenced by various teachings as we grow up.

As a pastor in the reformed tradition I saw a tremendous value to ascribing our entrance into the walk of faith as all of God and none of me. Of course I was involved, but the key moment, the light bulb that suddenly gave light, and the strange warmth that enveloped me were gifts from above.

Still cannot shake that concept.

No comments: