Hawaii 2010

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos and videos from Don in AZ. Make your own badge here.

Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Ethiopia on my mind


I met a Campus Crusade leader from the poor east African country of Ethiopia yesterday. As he shared his amazing story and of God's grace to his tribe through the conversion of his powerful father, I also heard of the recent history that occured after Haile Solassi, a name tucked in my brain with no connection to history.

While God was working to bring sinners to the cross, the country went through 20 years of communist persecution, ended by a drought that killed a million, and how they now have a stable government and a growing economy although they are very poor and still needing education.

Other statements he made showing his African worldview were interesting to me, and frankly woke me up in the middle of the night thinking about the ways of God and the blessings of civilization.

No comments: