Hawaii 2010

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos and videos from Don in AZ. Make your own badge here.

Thursday, November 29, 2012

At the Gym


I have been struggling to get back into the habit of exercise after my time away with minor health issues. We are watching a major project as they are providing hundreds of covered parking spaces for our use for free. The beams that will support the project are huge steel I beams....because atop the roof is a solar energy project that I am assuming with provide electricity for the 20 acre recreation center.

At the gym I start by walking around the track to get my circulation going and to lead to a stretching period. As I walk I watch people. I am in year four and many faces are familiar, although most go nameless, we smile and say hello and do our business.

Yesterday the window to the small exercise room is uncurtained and I can glance left on each circuit to watch childrens class. The leader is very young, tall and slender and wears loose fitting and very outrageously stylish clothing. Her hair is punked and her eyes are darkened with lots of eye make up. She is a character, I can tell, and with each glance I watch her lead these kids to move and stretch and dance wildly, then she sits them in a group and teaches them about the importance of eating healthy food and continuing to move and play at home.

She is very good at what she does, masterful, and her love and concern for them lead the class to be very popular with parents who want their children to grow up healthy.




No comments: