Hawaii 2010

This is a Flickr badge showing public photos and videos from Don in AZ. Make your own badge here.

Thursday, May 19, 2011

Wrong place to be clumsy

I wish I was kidding, but I shocked myself three times installing three replacement plugs and switches today. I shut off the breakers in the kitchen and two of those suckers were still hot, and the last was making a last minute adjustment and touching the wrong duflagee.

I do not really know what a duflagee is, but I heard the term growing up, as in, Please had me the duflagee thingy.

Electric shock is quite electrifying and hard to describe. I have deep sadness for anyone who experiences a bad shock. I actually lost a college acquaitance to an accident while he worked for Memphis Power and Light one summer.

I did manage to get three of six fixtures put in, and maybe the crew will finish for me. The next picture you see with be the almost finished product after the appliances are installed.

No comments: