Hawaii 2010

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos and videos from Don in AZ. Make your own badge here.

Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Kitchen has a European feel to me.


Dear reader, I hope you have been able to endure our excitement over our kitchen remodel. This was a big scary move for us that eliminated the homes two biggest weaknesses, the tile and the layout of the kitchen.

In recent years the kitchen has become symbolic of my own remodeling project in my quest for nutritional health. I do not want my trips to the gym to be canceled by lunch and dinner.

As I have learned to eat healthier I see the need to prepare fresh fruits and vegetables, to shop around the edge of the store and stay away from processed foods. Now that we are just days away of taking possession I know this kitchen will belong to both of us, to be used for sharing and preparing and living our lives with friends and family.

The back splash really ties the project together and is so beautiful. We have a brand new stove and microwave boxed in the garage we cannot wait to see and learn how to use. We have been playing with the new faucet and deciding what will go where in our greatly expanded storage capacity.

No comments: