Hawaii 2010

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos and videos from Don in AZ. Make your own badge here.

Friday, May 20, 2011

This is the day, will there be another?

My rapture beard!!!
One of the leaders in my church wondered why the Camping prediction bothers me so. It is not because of my faith, but the faith of countless younger people who see these things and lose respect for the reasonable faith we proclaim.

So, If I am here to proclaim the word tomorrow, I am taking as my text, James 1, which states...Don’t be deceived, my dear brothers and sisters. 17 Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting shadows. 18 He chose to give us birth through the word of truth, that we might be a kind of firstfruits of all he created.

We will have been decieved by a well meaning but deluded Bible scholar, not the first or the last, but each deception hurts the witness of the truth, and this grieves my spirit. Anyway, we will see what the day brings.

1 comment:

shallowfrozenwater said...

i think its gracious that you call him "well meaning".