Hawaii 2010

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos and videos from Don in AZ. Make your own badge here.

Wednesday, November 17, 2010

A damaging love affair with Carbs

Of course I am going to eat the donuts at Cafe DuMonde in New Orleans.

I am reading Elizabeth's Hasselback's book on her experience with Celiac's Disease, a hereditary inability to digest gluten that has very damaging side effects and intense pain. Very interesting book and related to the weight loss wars I have been involved in unsuccessfully for the last four decades.

Low Carb, High Protein diets vs. Complex Carb dominate diets, verses balances of both. What I know for sure, for me....is that my activity level is very high for my age, and my weight loss has been encouraging over the long haul.

However, I am stuck, very stuck, two lbs up and down stuck. Over Eaters Anonymous stuck. Why can't I get the scale going down stuck. So stuck I feel like going to China Buffet and hurting myself in despair.

I know my problem. High Carb foods make me happy....and hungry. I do not feel good when overdoing Carbs, sort of a semi celiac reaction. And I need to change my diet to get unstuck. But...breaking up is so hard to do.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Click here: The Serotonin Power Diet: MIT researchers: high-carb supplement helps with weight loss

kc bob said...

Cafe Au Lait and Beignets.. a great NOLA memory for sure.