Hawaii 2010

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos and videos from Don in AZ. Make your own badge here.

Tuesday, November 2, 2010

All Souls Day

Many were killed when this stone cathedral in San Jaun Capistrano collapsed during mass....bad doctrine and the traditions of men have done untold damage to people seeking to know and serve the Lord.

I was reading Richhard Beck's interesting article on the traditions behind all souls day in RC festival days. A crack in the earth caused a man to overhear the demons in purgatory fearing the prayers of the saints in springing people from torment, so we pray for our dead who died with sin still clinging to them. Gifts and offerings and prayer can shorten their time in purgatory.

Sounds like a good money maker to me.

I no longer believe in eternal torment the way some do, I no longer believe the scripture teaches it. I am an ambassador of reconciliation,sharing as Paul did that God was in Christ, reconciling the world to Himself, no longer counting their sin against them, he has committed the ministry of reconciliation to us, in which we urge people to be reconciled to God. For me, God's love in Christ is inescapable. I am not listening to cracks in the earth for the groaning of sinners in purgatory.

No comments: