Hawaii 2010

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos and videos from Don in AZ. Make your own badge here.

Friday, October 22, 2010

Cash for Clunkers....Sort of


This was an Oldsmobile Delta 88, one of many of my beloved transportations.

A year ago I traded a 92 Honda Vigor in for a new car. The cars mpg would not qualify for the real government program, but the Kia dealership offered the same deal for any car.

This Vigor belonged to a salesman whose bosses finally asked him to get a newer car for the company image. It was given to me after I lost my car to a wreck and I drove it thankfully for over a year. When I traded it in there were 237,000 miles on the car. Her blue book value was 350 dollars. I had some repair costs and the brakes were going so I jumped on the offer.

Yesterday I was in the mall parking area for a lunch meeting, and there she was, same missing piece of rubber. I told the women she was driving my old car and she said its been running fine. Never underestimate a car dealers ability to make an extra buck.

1 comment:

kc bob said...

Used to be all I could afford was clunkers. ;)