Hawaii 2010

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos and videos from Don in AZ. Make your own badge here.

Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Cap and Collar




Our inter faith fellowship has flown two men from South Carolina to sing and share with us tonight. They are folk guitarists who sing about peace, love and understanding. One is a Jewish Rabbi, the other a Methodist Pastor. We have packed out the Methodist Church for this event. People everywhere are hoping that dialogue and civility and tolerance can diffuse the anger that grips much of our world, including among the worlds major religions.

I am slowing working my way through the book "The Case for Civility" by Oz Guiness and I am convinced those who love the way of peace can influence the world for God's Kingdom and good. I have believed this since I was converted, blessed are the peacemakers.

PostScript: It was a great concert. They were original, funny, talented and demonstrated brotherly love for all of us. A great evening of faith and fun.

1 comment:

kc bob said...

"I am convinced those who love the way of peace can influence the world for God's Kingdom and good."

Me too Don.