Hawaii 2010

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos and videos from Don in AZ. Make your own badge here.

Saturday, September 14, 2013

Mt Lemmon day trip



Yesterday I did something similar to what I did a year ago about two weeks after a night in the hospital. I took a day to see something beautiful and to be alone to pray and ponder my life.

Mt Lemmon is the southernmost ski slope in the US. At the top of the slope it is 9,500 ft above sea level. It took 40 minutes to drive up to the top, plus my stops to take pictures along the way. It was almost cool at the top. It was a long driving day but very life affirming as I observed the incredible vistas of Tucson area.

I tried the beginner slope 20 years ago and took a fall that hurt my knee, I don't think I have been up the mountain since that winter so it was like seeing it for
first time.

No comments: