Hawaii 2010

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos and videos from Don in AZ. Make your own badge here.

Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Saying goodbye to genres of futility

That old house on the prairie once got power from somewhere as these old electric connections were obviously added in a rather haphazard fashion. They were all cut and left hanging.

As I was packing up books and gleaning from shelves I remembered periods of my life when I read extensively in certain areas and ended up with a large collection. One huge area was Christian psychology and counseling during a period when I was trying to "scratch in the dirt to see where I got hurt" I am sure I was helped by many of them but most of them I let go today.

The second huge genre was the books where a famous preacher would tell you how to make your church come alive and grow. Way too many, and goodbye.

Some authors will be with me till I die, thank you C.S. Lewis, Andrew Murry, and bunches of great novels I read and enjoyed.

I said goodbye to many very old hardbacks of sermon series from bygone eras, great old Presbyterians, and lots of Spurgeon. Reading makes the whole man, and I am feeling free from my labors today, and I plan on continuing my march toward E technology to carry a library in my hand.

No comments: