Hawaii 2010

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos and videos from Don in AZ. Make your own badge here.

Thursday, August 23, 2012

Brokeback Credenza

Here is a picture of me back in my early book buying days getting some attention from my dog Don Anna, and Laura's dog, Noel.

One of the reasons I am culling books is because my reference library was causing the credenza to bow badly, almost 3/4 of an inch in the middle, so now it will be braced and holding very little except computer/printer/monitor. The heavy desk with take the reference shelf with less books and be placed against the wall and allow a central visiting space so I won't be hiding behind my desk. Six more boxes should do it and we will begin to move the items.

I admire a well written book, a book that brings knowledge and insight, or diversion, or light. I glanced at a book named "Best Evidence" which used physics to see the snapping of Kennedy backward from a forward shot and transcripts to show that Kennedy's body was surgically altered after his death to change the direction of his entrance wound. My friend got so worked up about it we called the author.



No comments: