Hawaii 2010

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos and videos from Don in AZ. Make your own badge here.

Thursday, August 9, 2012

Okaboji Lake Iowa

Yesterday I stopped to photograph an abandoned homestead in the Nebraska prairie lands where Willa Cather wrote her novels.

Today I am enjoying a cool afternoon breeze on Jerry E.s porch. The property has been in his family for 50 years and he remodeled and added to the lake front home when he retired.

The farmland between here and Lincoln Nebraska is breathtakingly beautiful.  Rolling hills full of corn and soy beans, and the tidy homesteads on each side of the road every half mile.

I stopped for lunch in a farming town and watched the locals chatting and realized once again how amazing community is. Two teens whose world is so different than ours are talking non stop, several multi generational families are talking, and I am in small town Iowa for the first time in my life.

Okaboji/Spirit Lake is awash with vacation boaters everywhere and in an hour I will try to find a parking space for the Bible Conference.

No comments: