Hawaii 2010

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos and videos from Don in AZ. Make your own badge here.

Friday, September 30, 2011

Stamped by War and Freedom


A large group of friends paid respect to Andrew V. today at his burial service. Born in Hungary, he suffered much as a youth during the war, came to America and served with distinction in the Korean conflict.

With citizenship came education and opportunity. The chemical treatment of leather, of all odd things, brought him money, leadership, his own product and company and a life of financial success, travel, family, and fulfilment in two good marriages.

We played Strauss "The Blue Danube Waltz" during an interval.He loved classical music and spent time in Austria during his service. I am drawn into a man's life and love and passion at the end, when shock and loss fill the hearts of those left behind.

My words, spoken so many times, represent hope of the unknown beyond the grave. It always drains me to play this role,spiritually and emotionally, but I do it, and I experience my own revival of hope.

No comments: