Hawaii 2010

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos and videos from Don in AZ. Make your own badge here.

Wednesday, September 28, 2011

A late convert to Gospel Music


I came of age with contemporary Christian Music artists like Wayne Watson and Amy Grant, and it was much later that I was introduced to the vast crew of singers touring with the Gaithers. I must tell you that the quality of music and artistry at a Gaither concert matches anyone, anywhere for skill, talent and presentation. These people present such different styles.

My sweet friend Elsa who is now with the Lord dragged me around a Coliseum floor till she could get a hug from Jessy Dixon, who died yesterday. One thing I do know, the Gaithers will honor him by making his many performances available to his fans.

I was amazed to see how broadly he performed and his crossover work with Earth, Wind and Fire and Paul Simon.

No comments: