Hawaii 2010

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos and videos from Don in AZ. Make your own badge here.

Saturday, June 25, 2011

When the Rose was in Bloom


I am constantly amazed at the coincidence of my ordination date, for it was exactly nine years after my conversion date. June 27, 1976.

Those nine years in the infancy and maturity of my faith were lovely. Dating Christian girls, attending a Christian College, preparing for my calling in a Christian Seminary,being involved in youth ministry, serving in my first church, finding a fine believing wife.

Previous to all this I was a rarely churched believer. My folks had no real regular church attendance, so my experience with church was limited and the types of believers I hung around with in college, seminary and ministry were highly dedicated and motivated. I think this type of experience may have set me up for the struggles of the next phase of my walk with Christ, which I call "the little pastor phase", check back tommorrow.

No comments: