Hawaii 2010

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos and videos from Don in AZ. Make your own badge here.

Thursday, June 2, 2011


I graduated from Belhaven College in Jackson, Ms in June of 1972. Hard to realize that I will have a 40 year reunion next year. It’s a small Presbyterian College that is now a University. My four years there were great and foundational to my life in so many ways.

Today I led as Bible Study at Ocotillo Village Retirement Home, and the lady next to me graduated from Belhaven in the 30s. Small world. She knew President Gillespie, and his son who was Dr. Gillespie, my roommates father in law.

It was a woman’s college until the early 60’s, some of my spiritual mentors were in the early men’s classes. I had the privilege of teaching there as an adjunct professor for two years after my ordination.

Each time I am back in Dixie I drive through the campus with a sense of gratitude for the education and the fun I had there.

No comments: