Hawaii 2010

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos and videos from Don in AZ. Make your own badge here.

Monday, January 24, 2011

When my heart is overwhelmed

A heart with an upward thrust, that's what I need today.

When I spend too much time thinking about our debt burden exceeding 14 trillion I get depressed, because I have no idea how many billions are in a trillion. And then I hear all the rhetoric from both sides, and the real problem in the closet....unbudgeted mandates....which means all the folks who have figured out how to get government checks for things. It seems so overwhelming, and leads me to Psalm 61, David sang, when my heart is overwhelmed, lead me to the rock that is higher than I.

The concordant literal translation uses the word , droopy hearted, droopy spirited. Its been a while since I read the word droopy in a sentence.

For some reason, I woke up with the Monday blues, the droopy spirit, and I am asking the Lord to lift me up so I can approach the week with joy.

No comments: