Hawaii 2010

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos and videos from Don in AZ. Make your own badge here.

Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Muscles are hiding, become angry when found

This is me during a summer walk in Gautier Mississippi in July. The offending belly is visible in this shot in which I was trying to catch the church sign.

I have been reading about the wonders of the kettleball. A Russian instrument for fitness that is basically a weighted ball with a double handle. I read about two simple exercises, and figured that this would help me move to another level of fitness, so I got a lesson, and did some introductory moves......and I found hidden muscles that are screaming at being disturbed, my thighs are hurting so badly I am falling into the chair, the legs muscles are so tender that I feel like I have been sitting on a couch for months rather than working out regularly for 18 months.

As I painfully reflect on the lessons learned, they are....vary your workouts, and start very slowly with something new. I am also knowing that the soreness will pass and the kettleball is a real serious workout.

2 comments:

Redlefty said...

Ha, congrats!

I went to a KB class a couple of years ago and have enjoyed using them at home from time to time (Jamie got me a couple of big/heavy ones that are fun to play with).

When it comes to fitness and keeping things fresh and challenging for your body, I love this quote:

"Everything works. Nothing works forever."

kc bob said...

Kudos on exercising Don!