Hawaii 2010

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos and videos from Don in AZ. Make your own badge here.

Friday, April 2, 2010

Working Out Has Become A Part of Me













This is yours truly in 1989 in Maui, when I was 39, and excited about the 59 year old me getting back there, Lord willing, this summer. Looks like I was on a diet that summer. Wait??? I am been on a diet my whole adult life. I am a foodaholic.

Today was the beginning of my ninth months of gym membership. Its really quite surprising how much I have enjoyed my three times a week visits to the Health Center. Today I bought some 40 inch pants, down from 44. My weight has gone for 245 to 227. I want to eat healthy because I am working out and have to pay for the over eating with delayed movement on the scales.

I enjoy watching others on the same journey. I have some heros who inspire me each time I am there. Laura joined me during her spring break and it going to keep it up.

My routine contains 15 machines of all sorts, a ten minute warm up walk, and 30 minutes of aerobic work, usually the eliptical, which is my current fav. 75 to 90 minutes, three sets of 12, with increase in weight on each set.

Oh, and everytime I get close to a five lb goal, it becomes excruciatingly slow to lose a pound. I am on all kinds of meds to regulate BP and heart, so it is hard for me to get my pulse real high, and I believe it to be healthier to go long and slow rather than racing my heart way up. My goal is to be at my college weight of 215 by my 60th birthday this July 13th. That 12 lbs in 3 months. I think I can, I think I can, I think I can.

1 comment:

Redlefty said...

I think you can too! There are many fitness/nutritional paths to losing weight, but consistent effort is the #1 factor and it sounds like you're doing great so far!