Hawaii 2010

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos and videos from Don in AZ. Make your own badge here.

Monday, May 25, 2009

Memorial Day 2009















The Veterans of Sun Lakes stage a meaningful Memorial Day event. I was a last moment substitute for the Rabbi who fell ill so I continued my enjoyable roll as unofficial photographer. Cmdr Sepulveda has done three tours in Irag and just returned in March, his son was also deployed at the same time. All gave some, some gave all.

We had a controversy about praying in Jesus name in front of the Jewish veterans in one of the groups this year. I was consulted for advice. Today, I prayed God's shalom upon our world, and the thought hit me. Jews and Christians should not try to offend each other, neither should we be offended by the other. Jewish people should not get riled when we invoke Jesus name, we don't have to insist that we do it all the time.

No comments: