Hawaii 2010

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos and videos from Don in AZ. Make your own badge here.

Wednesday, May 20, 2009

A Hummer is a thing of beauty













My six month desire to photograph a hummingbird ended a month ago at the Chihuly exhibit one spring evening. The ease and speed of the wings of this tiny sweet lover is a marvel of creation.

He or she, hovers from flower to flower, grabs a snoot full and moves on to the next. My flash set at 1/60th of a second caught the wings still.

In my ten year quest to deepen my understanding of why we are here and where we are going, I find myself falling more and more in love with creation and the sheer joy of breathing, eating, thinking, silence, arts. All this because I have grown to see that the restoration of creation is God's goal. That all things in heaven and earth are going to be part of my future. The Augustinian duelism that clouded my understanding is slowing disintegrating and I am integrating healthier paradigms in my thinking. It is beautiful, The Lord is beautiful, His good creation is beautiful.

No comments: