Hawaii 2010

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos and videos from Don in AZ. Make your own badge here.

Thursday, January 1, 2009

I love living by the Calendar












It's not about resolutions or the lack thereof...it's about the rhythm of life, changing through the seasons. I am a big advocate of living in the present, all change takes place only now, but it does not feel that way. We can see a coming change of date or year and plan for the moment to initiate change in the present.

Here is an odd thing. This summer I absolutely loved mall walking. An hour in the mall during the late afternoon heat before heading home was healthy and refreshing. Now that its cold, I can't seem to get to the mall, and walking seems a huge chore.

Time to recommit to better eating habits and excercise. A New Year is a good time to begin to live in the moment of creating better choices. If this day or week fails, look for another. As long as we are alive we can and will continue to change. The calendar helps me to shift through the year, in my life, preaching, living. Welcome 2009, lets live each day to the fullest.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I like this. I've been thinking about seasons a lot the past few years and I want to get more "in tune" with them in my life. I think it would help me keep my head on my shoulders a lot more.