Hawaii 2010

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos and videos from Don in AZ. Make your own badge here.

Monday, January 12, 2009

One wrong move













Almost a year of making hand out sack lunches for the Rescue Mission. We meet monthly and it goes like clockwork. Cookies and pretzels bagged, two peanut butter and jelly sandwiches, a note of encouragement, today a navel orange. You can see all the heads hunched over at work in the picture.

I was moving boxes of bags out to be moved to the car for transport when I bent over and pulled out my lower back. It siezed up immediately and I have been suffering the rest of the day. I am amazed that I can play golf weekly and have nothing go wrong and then one wrong bend with five lbs and I'm out.

I love to see our folks gather and visit and work so industriously. I reminded them that the homeless population in Phoenix is rising and contains many slipping anew into the needs of this current fiscal crisis. Our Phoenix Rescue mission is a model of caring and doing what can be done in the crisis of homelessness.

No comments: