Hawaii 2010

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos and videos from Don in AZ. Make your own badge here.

Tuesday, May 22, 2012

The prep is worse than the test

Iao Needle, Maui, summer 2010.

I have heard this before. Today is colonoscopy prep day. Liquids only, bowel cleansing after lunch, test tomorrow  morning. I will add my own reflections after this is over. Laura can no longer stomach lemon lime flavorings since having two of these tests.

I was urged to take the test by Ben, who sadly reached the stage where he was beyond medical help last evening. I await word from the family today.

One reason people procrastinate about tests like these is that we would rather not know about the possibility of bad news. A very human thing.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So sorry to hear about Ben-- good luck with your test! Eden