Hawaii 2010

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos and videos from Don in AZ. Make your own badge here.

Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Ob Stack Culls!



I love the line in Brother Where art Thou, when one of the hero's buddys refers back to the Oracles prophecy about the obstacles they will face in thier long journey.

"its the "Ob Stack Culls" that make life challenging. My friend Kansas Bob led me to Jill's blog entitled Altared in which she shared her dealings with Lou Gerhings Disease. The family reports the time is short. It has been rewarding and heartbreaking to share her honesty and difficulty in her journey.

My friend Scott spoke of some difficult times we went through together trying to restart a damaged congregation in the middle of a building program. We faced great obstacles and got through it.

When I talk about my wonderful life, please understand that it has been anything but a cakewalk. The wonderful thing has been the things I have learned about being content no matter, about God providing for us even when things looked bleak, about the great loving relationships that sustained us during the attacking and damaging relationships.

We are in God's Gymnasium, the obstacle course is being run, and the only assurance that Coach God gives is the following, "all things work together for good to those that love Him and are called according to His purpose". Sign me up for another workout, tomorrow and the next day, and the next, until the finish line. God bless Jill in crossing of her finish line. God bless her caregivers.

No comments: