Hawaii 2010

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos and videos from Don in AZ. Make your own badge here.

Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Still Tumbleweeding after one year



I am trying to extend my life...through diet and exercise. I have no idea if I will succeed or fail, but the trying has been rewarding. Four to six hours a week I go through a workout. I used to think exercise would lead to easy weight loss. But it has not been easy or really all that successful. I have lost 20 pounds in a year, and for that I am grateful, but I need to lose 30 more, at least.

I have gained lots of muscle, but I am a long way from being as slender as I desire, if indeed, its possible. So in year two I am going to continue trying different types of eating plans, even the outlandish "eating less" diet.

Jill, who blogged at "Altared" died yesterday, and I am glad her struggle is over, for her and her family. It was really great to see how some modern technology helped her in her struggle, particularly an Ipad which kept her online and helped pass the time as her strength for a laptop diminished.

No comments: