Hawaii 2010

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos and videos from Don in AZ. Make your own badge here.

Saturday, August 7, 2010

Life long learning


This is a God's eye view of Yosemite's double waterfall from a mile above at Glacier Point. You feel as if you could step off the edge and be there, even though we drove 30 miles to get up that mountian.

I have never hidden the fact that I am on a quest to answer two questions in my golden years. Simple questions, difficult questions.....Who is God? What is the Gospel?

For a long time I was seeking to understand all the nuances of the faith I had been raised with...ie. the reformed and calvinist tradition.

In 1999 I began to think and read more widely, partly due to the increased accessiblity of studies and articles on the internet. Now I know how easy it is to get mislead or confused, but I still believe with caution and discernment their are many thinkers and teachers from many traditions who can bless and teach.

Os Guiness is a Chinese born, English educated, American transplant in 1968 who is a Christian thinker, writer, and observer of culture and Christian history. I have really enjoyed his communication style, deep thinking, and insightful critiques from his Anglican point of view

I went this morning to another conference to catch a few teachers. These folks are trying to offer correction to some pretty crucial issues long believed in the church. Different approach, still very edifying.

After I return to my life, I will think, expand, reflect, learn, apply, share, hopefully with some humility.

I am excited about taking a photo walk this afternoon in downtown San Francisco.

No comments: