Hawaii 2010

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos and videos from Don in AZ. Make your own badge here.

Friday, January 22, 2010

Rainy Week in the Desert













My young Jedi Knight, practicing his light sabor, "Do not think, Do"

This is Friday and normally I would be heading for my weekly "good walk spoiled" game of golf. But everything is soaked and more rain is coming as we get the west to east leftovers of California's big storms.

I am trying to decide how to use and enjoy this day. Rainy days are so rare here that we marvel at them.

I plan to visit and photograph Mt. Chandler this morning. Well, more accurately it is called Paseo Vista park, our newest city park and recreation area not far from my gym. Its uniqueness lies in the fact that in was for over a decade, our city dump. Now perched over 40 feet about the city, it has been transformed into a gas vented place to play and enjoy the beauty of the west. Pictures to come.

Speaking of Pictures, I finally backed up my photography on a portable hard drive because my laptop is choking on a lack of disk space. Even though most of my digital work from my first year with the Canon Xsi are not remarkable, I just love looking at my failed attempts to shoot a full moon, or capture a nighttime shot or practice a technique.

If I am not careful, I will sit here all day flipping channels and not doing anything, so, I am off to the gym and hope to see or do something of beauty, worth, and authentic experience. Sounds pompous, but I just don't want to waste the day, but seize the day.

No comments: