Hawaii 2010

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos and videos from Don in AZ. Make your own badge here.

Thursday, January 14, 2010

Haiti relief













Our missions committee sent some relief money to Haiti via a Christian relief organization today. The pictures on Boston.com are shocking in the vastness of the collapse of structures and demonstrate how close the survivors are to those who died, depending on what fell on your body and where.

Strange feelings in my heart when this happens. Yesterday evening we had fish and chips, (well...tater tots, actually) and we spent a normal evening, knowing that as the hours ticked by, peoples hunger and thirst in that damaged region was increasing to danger levels.

I would not want to be there, and am glad I am not there. There is nothing I can do except what we did today. And it does not feel like enough. yet today I will go to the dentist, teach a bible study, and get a hair cut??????

No comments: