Hawaii 2010

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos and videos from Don in AZ. Make your own badge here.

Thursday, October 17, 2013

National Park Bucket List Fail

Here it is, my bad, a picture of a picture of flowing lava.

I got scolded by an art dealer in Kona for taking a picture of a picture. "You can't take a picture of a picture", he said, and told me to erase it, which I pretended to do in an act of civil disobedience. It was a picture of lava flowing into the sea, something I have wanted to see my whole life, the creation of land. And it just so happened that our first day of vacation was the first day of the shutdown.

All the federal employees are being paid for their vacation, and I am never going to see Volcano National Park, and my only options now are revenge or forgiveness.

I wonder how many future votes will be revenge votes?

Oh, and I will probably someday buy a video tour of Volcanoe National Park cuz its the next best thing to being there.

No comments: