Hawaii 2010

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos and videos from Don in AZ. Make your own badge here.

Wednesday, October 31, 2012

I have never enjoyed Halloween


I never enjoyed our attempts to replace is with Reformation parties, although we had some nice ones.

There is just nothing in the costume and candy and doorbell ringing that has any appeal to my soul or spirit.

For seven years we lived at the end of a cul de sac and it was especially excruciating to man the door for three hours, as it started with kids and moms before dark and ended with teens too old to be doing it.

I do like the reformation and the release we had from the terrors of all saints day and the night before. I do like stripping the superstition away from God. I guess this day represents the fact that death should not be feared, and evil not celebrated.

No comments: