Hawaii 2010

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos and videos from Don in AZ. Make your own badge here.

Monday, October 1, 2012

Campus Living

Taken on a crisp fall morning a year ago.

This month my college will welcome alumni from the various decades, especially the class of 1972 on its fortieth reunion. I cannot go, but I have fond memories of living for three years in the dorms and building our life around the rhythms of campus life. It was good for me to attend a small Christian College that was not legalistic but had standards and values to be lived.

I am still struck by how much my present life is like that college experience. I study a lot, I live on a campus although the dorms are private domiciles. We have a lunchroom, a library, a recreation room, swimming pools and most of the folks dress down in shorts and sneakers, think about enjoying life, and know how to have a good time. The only down side is that our college bodies are a distant memory, but nothing lasts forever.

Add to that the fact that as much of the country is preparing for cold weather, we are entering shirtsleeve and  weeks of wonderful refreshing cool mornings and perfect days. I love this time of year, and with another extension of health I plan to drink in God's good creation, to revel in the cool mornings and evenings, to be outside everyday not searching for shade but drinking in sunshine, bring on another Arizona fall.

No comments: