Hawaii 2010

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos and videos from Don in AZ. Make your own badge here.

Thursday, August 21, 2014

Home is where the heart is


At the top of Kolob Canyon Drive with Larry and Jade.

I love going into hometown restaurants and thinking about the families I see there. What for me is a rest stop is for them home.
Boise is the hometown for some of my friends and I can see why they love it. Four seasons, abundant outdoor and recreational activity, bustling economy, beautiful homes and stores. Very nice. But so is my adopted home and state...for completely different reasons, and having only two seasons, hot and not so hot, is one of the big reasons people who love it here only love it part time if they can. But here is my family, my work, my memories of the second half of my life. Here is my best friend Laura, we just enjoy living our life together, and so here is my heart.

But to get away for just a while, and see other roads and other cities makes we appreciate it all much more.

No comments: