Hawaii 2010

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos and videos from Don in AZ. Make your own badge here.

Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Reframing the story of Christian higher education

Any openings for an old guy to serve in Hawaii? I am interested.

It was in many ways a deja vu experience to hang out on a smallish Christian campus for a couple of hours yesterday. I attended the same type of school and it was for me a wonderful experience.

The former Southwestern College of the Bible is now Arizona Christian University, the Firestorm. They have recruited athletes for their first football team as my alma mater did a decade ago when it became a University.

The campus chaplain however, in welcoming us older pastors retold our story and thiers in unique way.

Your generation trained chaplains for Christendom, and we are training leaders for a church in exile, cast out from it dominant role in shaping culture.

I buy that, but I am not sure those fresh faced preacher and missionary kids have fully understood what that means.

No comments: