Hawaii 2010

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos and videos from Don in AZ. Make your own badge here.

Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Procrastination and Taxes

In Hawaii you depreciate unused property by driving it off a cliff and letting the ocean return in to its natural state.

Every year I bang my head against the deadline for tax filing and swear I will never do it again. I tried and failed to use a tax preparer service, cuz no one knows my business like I do, and frankly clergy people are really currently different than almost everyone in how it works.

Anyhow, Tax season sure know how to ruin a beautiful springtime for me. My heart calls me outside and my head says get the thing done you doe doe head. And the fight goes on.

I have some amazing stories of the drives to the mail zones to line up with all the other loser procrastinators out there, and the last year when I drove to downtown Mesa only to find that in Pheonix you now have to drive to downtown Tempe near the Zoo to get in the box before midnight.

Is there a 12 step program for late tax filers? Should I move to Switzerland? Really, over the years I have made progress on most things but taxes, oh, the burden, oh the bain, oh the worrisomeness, oh the *^$T^# of it all.

Father forgive me for I have sinned. Give to Ceasar that which belongs to Ceasar, and live on the rest.

No comments: